04 September 2006

Lukas

Today I visited the Lukas exhibit at the "Centro de Exposiciones Apoquindo 3300". Lukas (Renzo Pecchenino 1934-1988) is one of the most (if not "the" most) famous chilean cartoonists. He made drawings for many magazines of different types and for "El Mercurio de Valparaíso", the oldest newspaper in Spanish in the world...
His cartoons criticized the everyday political, economic and cultural events in Chile and are remembered until today.
Under the cartoon you can read: "Just this roll and we're finished".

6 Comments:

Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Hi Edulabbe!
My first visit here and I do enjoy your photos! Greetings from Stavanger.

9/05/2006 2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute cartoon, but the artist had such a short life!

9/05/2006 4:55 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Happy Spring to you! And thanks for showing this artist's work. Very good to know what's been going on in the culture there.

9/05/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Ame said...

Hi "Ed"...well I can see why he's famous...great cartoons! Love his use of color too...and the humor is right on! Makes me want to get my watercolors out (yet again, I keep promising myself I'll start painting again...if I could only find the TIME!!!)...isn't art fun? (=

9/05/2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger RODRIGO PRADEL said...

the last time i was in Chile, A family member gave me a gift of Lukas book of art. I love his work, and his humor emulates the chilean perception to a tea.
Wish i could be there to see the exhibit.
Are you from Chile?

9/28/2006 11:37 PM  
Blogger Edulabbe said...

Yes, I'm Chilean. Thanks for visiting my Daily Photo Blog.

9/29/2006 3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home